Friday 7 January 2011

Music Album: No Boys Allowed by Keri Hilson


Keri's last album In A Perfect World, was one of the best r&b albums that came out that year and it is good to know that she has been allowed to further her career with a second studio album, and I think she has no reason to worry about experiencing the sophomore slump because this album is equally just as strong as her debut.

Keri proves that she is still a gifted songwriter and vocalist on songs like Toy Soldier and One Night Stand (featuring Chris Brown). Like every r&b album by females, the album explores the issues of the ups and downs of relationships, on Breaking Point she sings about having enough of the issues of being in a relationship, and on songs like Pretty Girl Rock and Gimme What I Want she sings about being independent, strong and fierce, going the typical route of "if you don't want me someone else will" or "I don't need your money, I got my own".

I give so much credit to Keri because, all the songs fit the title of the album perfectly. The vocals, the songwriting and the production are all point but the content of the album could be quite tiring. Good album though, especially for the ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment