Saturday 17 September 2011

Music Album: The R.E.D Album by The Game


Since 2005, I have been a follower of The Game's music. I would not say that I am a ardent fan but I will say that I am an enthusiast of his music. After a series of push backs and the release of two mixtapes, Game finally offers us The R.E.D Album. This album was released in a quarter where albums by Jay-Z and Kanye West (Watch The Throne) and Lil Wayne (The Carter IV) were being anticipated, so I was eager to see how his record will be received and if I am being honest, I am really impressed.

On R.E.D, Game teams up with Dr Dre (ending rumours that the duo had fallen out again) and believe me that the production and instrumentation is of high class quality, which is expected given the genius that Dr Dre is. Putting aside the production, Game drops some really hard and deep punchlines, which made me realise that I never really took time to see what a more than average rapper he is, infact on the anger-infused The City he raps "Name your top 10, I'm harder than the most of em, Matter of fact, shorten your list nigga, top 5, Game, Biggie, Hov, prolly Pac, Nas". Other notable tracks include California Dreams, Hello, Martian vs Goblins and All The Way Gone.

For R.E.D, in addition to Dr Dre, he recruits a slew guests to join him, guests that include Drake, Lil' Wayne, Tyler the Creator, Nelly Furtado, Lloyd and Kendrick Lamar. There is no denying The Game's consistency, but in comparison to his last album, R.E.D introduces me to the incredible talent that I never knew he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment