Wednesday 19 January 2011

Music Album: Best Night of My Life by Jamie Foxx


Back in 2005 when Jamie Foxx announced the release of his album, Unpredictable. I assumed he was going through one of those phases that artists usually go through but after reading an extensive profile of his, Jamie actually had an unsuccessful album is 1994 and his musical roots date back to when he was in high school and then college, where he majored in classical music and composition. A very talented comedian and actor, Jamie proved himself to be a good singer with all his albums and I seem to be more impressed with his vulnerability and creativity.

Best Night Of My Life, is his 4th album and it seems like Jamie has continued to improve vocally. Although with the uptempo tracks, I think he tries to hard to recreate the awesomeness of his massive Grammy winning hit Blame It (featuring T-Pain). However, with a song like Winner(featuring Justin Timberlake and T.I.) that happens to stand out on this album, I think he gets a free pass to make one more uptempo track or two. I never thought I would say this but I am more blown away by his delivery on ballads and slow tempo songs. When it comes to ballads, his vocals sound so genuine and believable, who knew Jamie had a falsetto in him. From the sexiness of songs like 15 Minutes, to the hopeless-romantic sound of Sleeping Pill, I have fallen more in love with his music than I ever thought I would. Fall For Your Type (featuring Drake) and Freak have this addiction to them that can make you go to sleep with a smile on your face.

In my opinion, this is a very impressive album and I will recommend it for both male and female listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment