Sunday 17 April 2011

Music Album: Femme Fatale by Britney Spears


As Britney Spears delivers her 7th studio album, Femme Fatale. I think we can all say that the popstar has come along way from the days she was shaving off her hair and acting bizarre. Femme Fatale is the follow-up to her platinum selling 2008 album Circus and in true Britney fashion she delivers another epic pop album.

Filled with heavy pop and dancefloor records and though the songs mainly focus on love and relationships, it is the production credits that really deserve the recognition. From Max Martin to Lex Luger, from Rodney Jerkins to Will.I.Am, each producer delivers hypnotic instrumentals that Britney fans all over the world will love. This album is what I call an audio dance party because that is just how infectious the music is. The first single, Hold It Against Me, immediately became a download favourite and radio smash. The second single, Till The World Ends (very reminiscent of her Circus album) also became an immediate smash hit single. The track that I think surprised me the most is the mid-tempo yet string and bass heavy, Inside Out, where she sings "Hit me one more time, it's so amazing/ How you shook my world and flipped it upside down/ You're the only one who ever drove me crazy/ Cause you know me inside out"

In a world where I thought that no one would rule the pop charts anymore because of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Rihanna. Britney hits us with this album to show us why she has been in the business for a long time, she knows what to do and she knows how to please her loyal fans that have grown with her in front of the spotlight. Britney might lack the strong vocals of other singers out there, but Femme Fatale only proves that she is the undisputed Princess of Pop Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment